Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Servo Motors - Simulink/Arduino Duemilanove  (Read 1150 times)
Italy
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello

I want to know if it is possible to use Arduino target for Matlab/Simulink on Ubuntu with the Arduino Duemilanove board.

My goal is to control some servo motors. Precisely I want to control a hand-made antropomorphic arm robot. I have three servomotors and using an inverse kinematic algorithm I want to reach some certain position. So i read the position from the motors and then i want to compute the new positions to give them.

Now I tried to use the comunication between matlab and arduino using the Arduino IO package, this package allows the real time comunication between matlab and arduino. But I prefer use Simulink becouse it could be more intuitive to write this kind of algorithm.

Someone can help me?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:16:28 am by cld05 » Logged

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

So i read the position from the motors and then i want to compute the new positions to give them.
A servo motor has no idea where it is. At best, the Servo library will return, when you perform a read(), the last position that the servo was commanded to go to, whether it got there, or not.

But I prefer use Simulink becouse it could be more intuitive to write this kind of algorithm.

Someone can help me?
So, it's not that intuitive, huh?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: