Go Down

Topic: Servo Motors - Simulink/Arduino Duemilanove (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

cld05

Nov 02, 2013, 11:15 am Last Edit: Nov 02, 2013, 01:16 pm by cld05 Reason: 1
Hello

I want to know if it is possible to use Arduino target for Matlab/Simulink on Ubuntu with the Arduino Duemilanove board.

My goal is to control some servo motors. Precisely I want to control a hand-made antropomorphic arm robot. I have three servomotors and using an inverse kinematic algorithm I want to reach some certain position. So i read the position from the motors and then i want to compute the new positions to give them.

Now I tried to use the comunication between matlab and arduino using the Arduino IO package, this package allows the real time comunication between matlab and arduino. But I prefer use Simulink becouse it could be more intuitive to write this kind of algorithm.

Someone can help me?

Thanks

PaulS

So i read the position from the motors and then i want to compute the new positions to give them.

A servo motor has no idea where it is. At best, the Servo library will return, when you perform a read(), the last position that the servo was commanded to go to, whether it got there, or not.

But I prefer use Simulink becouse it could be more intuitive to write this kind of algorithm.

Someone can help me?

So, it's not that intuitive, huh?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy