Go Down

Topic: power adapter for Arduino Yún? (Read 646 times) previous topic - next topic

changks

Hi all,
My Arduino Yún is just arrived. I'm seeking around the 5V wall power adapter for it. Luckily, I found three wall power adapters at home and I hope I do not have to order the other one on line.

Option 1: Apple iPad 12W USB power adapter. 5.2V 2.4A
Option 2: Apple iPhone 5W USB power adapter. 5V 1A
Option 3: Unknown brand 5.0V+-5% 0.15~0.7A
The best choice is probably option 2. Can I try option 1 or option 3?

Thanks.

PCWorxLA

Hi all,
My Arduino Yún is just arrived. I'm seeking around the 5V wall power adapter for it. Luckily, I found three wall power adapters at home and I hope I do not have to order the other one on line.

Option 1: Apple iPad 12W USB power adapter. 5.2V 2.4A
Option 2: Apple iPhone 5W USB power adapter. 5V 1A
Option 3: Unknown brand 5.0V+-5% 0.15~0.7A
The best choice is probably option 2. Can I try option 1 or option 3?

Thanks.
I haven't gotten my Yun yet (though shipped just from "across town", it hasn't arrived by yesterday, as projected by the tracking info and tomorrow is a federal holiday, so the postal service is down for a day), but I would myself go with something like your No.2 choice as well. The iPad charger with 2.4A is a bit overkill, though the No.3 option might be a bit questionable, specially if you intend to add some power drawing shields to your Yun. Otherwise, it should work just fine as well....

Ralf

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy