Go Down

Topic: Activate linear actuator to open and close sliding door on back of house via int (Read 817 times) previous topic - next topic

OpenMind

Looking for a linear actuator that has the proper mount ears, I can stick to the sliding door BUT,must be free of the door, if opened by hand.  The mounting surface with be stuck with super tough 3M double sticky tape.

I looked online for such a actuator did not find any. I would power it with a motor controler, arduino..and the board responsible to be hooked to a micro web server, so the door can be opened at the other end of a internet connected computer. Door will only open up 4 inches, then 6 inches in the future to let the dog in and out of our rented town house.

If anyone knows of a project like this, or knows where I can find a linear actuator built for this special case, let me know.  Also, I may want to make this solar charged as it eliminates the connection to a outlet.
What is your Myers Briggs Personality ?

nilton61

One way to solve that is using a toothed belt drive located over the door with the door attached to the belt. This is normally used in comercial sliding doors. The drive can either be a gear motor or a stepper.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy