Go Down

Topic: [Problme] SD card , format (Read 992 times) previous topic - next topic

TomTea

Hello !

It's my first post on this forum and i have to say that the english is not my primary language.

I have a little problem with the SD Card ( it is SanDisc 4GB), i try skech CardInfo to get know about it work or not .
And i get message from terminal like this :

Code: [Select]
Initializing SD card...Wiring is correct and a card is present.

Card type: SD2
Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.
Make sure you've formatted the card

I try solve this problem but i can't do that , so i decide to write this poste to get help from you.
P.S. I format this SD Card by SDFormatter V4.0  but it doesnt help.

SurferTim

I use a SanDisk 4GB in my ethernet shield. I damaged the format on it while testing another user's code. That code did not disable the SD SPI before starting the ethernet shield, and the file allocation table was damaged.

I used Windows XP to reformat the card. One of the choices on the format was FAT32. It formatted without error, and is working right now.

TomTea

I do what u say . I format this card by Windows 7 and i still have this problem , it doesn't help :/
Have any other idea how fix it ?

SurferTim

This is the message I kept getting until I reformatted the SD with Windows XP using FAT32.
Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.

That indicates a format problem.

TomTea

Maybe my SD Card is broken in some way ?
I don't have any idea how format this card in right way. I use a SDFormatter and Windows 7 and it still doesnt work .

TomTea

Ok every thing is working !! :)
I made a small mistake , i forgot connect another pin for SD power. Now is running.
Thanks for help !

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy