Arduino Forum upgrade scheduled for Monday, October 20th, 11am-4pm (CEST). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: $39.99 robotic arm?  (Read 482 times)
Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

okay... any thoughts on this?  I'm sure it's not that accurate and all that- but maybe with some encoders..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Owi-Inc-OWI-535-Robotic-Arm-Edge-Wire-Controlled-Kit-/270557577465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efe7d00f9

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

I have one, but I have yet to put it together. From videos I have seen, it has a bit of slop, but nothing too extreme (certainly no more or less than the Armatron!). Good luck with getting an encoder put in place; I have yet to hear anybody being successful doing so; you can't incorporate your own motors because the motors included form the structure of the robot. People have gotten it connected to the Arduino, though...

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

Interesting..I may read up on it a bit then.  Was just cruising for some parts on ebay when I came across it.  Surprised, expected a reply saying it is complete crap..

I've been fiddling with the idea of using a robotic arm or xy table (ala cnc) to paint (using oils or acrylics) with an actual brush.. decoding JPEG into say, 32 colors, and premixing (or even automixing!) the paints.. to function a lot like a plotter, but a lot lower resolution.  May be just a pipe dream, but pretty sure it would be possible and fun to try.

I've been known to say "Now here's where Wile E. Coyote went wrong- I bet I can make it work..." or "Hold on tight, I saw this in a cartoon once...."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:32:54 pm by focalist » Logged

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Arduino Forum upgrade scheduled for Monday, October 20th, 11am-4pm (CEST). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Jump to: