Go Down

Topic: A Wirelessly Programmable Arduino Variant (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nov 20, 2013, 09:06 am Last Edit: Nov 20, 2013, 09:07 am by sandbox_electronics Reason: 1
I don't know this is the right place to talk about 3rd party developed product or not.  If it is not, please move this thread to another subforum.

Anyway, here are what I get after several months' coding and prototyping.
1. A dongle, which user could plug in his PC, which will be enumerated as a virtual com port device. I have it worked on Windows 7 and Ubuntu. It acts as a gateway between the dongle and an Arduino variant.  The dongle contains a 32bit STM32 microcontroller, a NRF24L01+ and a RF frontend chip named RFX2401C. There is also a piece of similar hardware on the Arduino variant to do the same job.
2. An Arduino variant.

Here is what I can do with the dongle and the Arduino variant.
1.   The Atmel328p is loaded with Arduino UNO's bootloader. I can download sketches via the dongle to the Arduino variant. Just select a port and do as I am using an original Arduino UNO.
2.   I can use the serial monitor to debug my sketch.
3.   I tested the hardware with Standard Firmata, and it worked pretty well.
4.  RF transceiving power is about 0.1W. I have not tested the range of the communication, based on experience it may work at 1Km line of sight..

Here is something about the future.

1. I reserved an I2C slave port on the MCU located on the Arduino variant. I am going to use it as a communication channel to interact with Atmel328p. The Arduino variant could use this interface to transmit or receive NRF24L01+ packet.
2. One dongle could be paired to one Arduino variant at the same time. I am going to add the ability to let the dongle to be paired to multiple Arduino variants simultaneously.
3. A product wiki.

OK, those are what I want to show you. If you are interested and what to know more details, just reply to the thread.

Preliminary Datasheet:
http://netdrive.envell.com/pic/ebay/ADA-000200/AIR-000200_Datasheet_V1.0.pdf

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy