Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wireless Xbee communication  (Read 147 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi

I have an Arduino Uno, spark fun Xbee shield, an Xbee explorer Regulated, and two xbee s1 modules.
As i have no usb on my explorer, can i configure the modules through the arduino and shield? (ie can i set one as Transmitter and one as Reciever)

I want my final end result to be; the xbee transmitter to send data from a sparkfun accelerometer back to the reciever which is connected to the shield and arduino uno.

Please Help, I am very new to this so often dont understand much of the lingo used.

Thank you very much!

View Profile

Having researched a little more;

I am under the impression xbee s1 modules do not need to be configured to talk, and it is impossible for the computer to detectt the xbee though the arduino and shield. Hence it is better to buy an xbee explorer usb to connect the xbee directly to the computer. In that case what is the point in the Xbee Shield?
Will it be possible to process data received from the xbee in an arduino code?

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I am under the impression xbee s1 modules do not need to be configured to talk
To talk efficiently, they do. The default configuration is broadcast mode, which is far slower than directed communications (one XBee talking directly to another (specific) XBee).

In that case what is the point in the Xbee Shield?
To connect the other XBee to the Arduino.

Will it be possible to process data received from the xbee in an arduino code?
Of course.

Please Help, I am very new to this so often dont understand much of the lingo used.
You need start with posting links to the hardware, not the names of the hardware.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: