Go Down

Topic: Graphic LCD (KS0108) library now available (Read 49 times) previous topic - next topic

mem

Here is the link to the Arduino playground page for a library that supports graphic LCDs directly attached to an Arduino using a parallel interface. It works with panels using the KS0108 controller chip or equivalent. It can also be compiled to drive the Hitachi HD44102 GLCD chip.

The KS0108 interface uses eight bit data bits and also needs 5 command pins, so this library is only practical if you are not using lots of pins for other things.

The playground  article has a functional overview and describes how to wire up and control a Graphics LCD panel from an Arduino sketch. Please post in this thread any questions on the library and its use and documentation.

Have fun!

mellis

mem

analog and digital clock using the GLCD library

Digger450

Hi mem,
Nice work!  I looked for a list of KS0108 equivalents but couldn't find one.  Do you know if the Epson SED1335F is compatible?

mem

I looked for a list of KS0108 equivalents but couldn't find one.  Do you know if the Epson SED1335F is compatible?

Hi Digger, the SED chip seems to be quite different. The KS0108 has internal memory support on the chip, the SED1335 uses external memory and has built in text support.  I would think a panel using the SED1335 is unlikely to be compatible, but if you have a datasheet for a specific SED1335 panel that describes the interface, we can see just how different they are.

Go Up