Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tracking of position and movement of a person?  (Read 700 times)
Zürich
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello!
I'm looking for - with great interest smiley-wink information for the following problem:
(in ARDUINO or Processing?)

- A person enters a room
- Whose position and movement is detected by sensors (PIR, Ultrasonic Parallax, Videocam?)
- And controls reasonably proportional to the movement of the person
- A servo or stepper motor
- Which in turn e.g. a camera (only horizontal) in the direction of the person moves / rotates and actionable.

Can anyone help me in the right direction?
Thanks for the tips and many thanks

Hyderabad , India
God Member
can't help not to think arduinaizing something !
View Profile

Which in turn e.g. a camera (only horizontal) in the direction of the person moves / rotates and actionable.

well i guess you want to move a camera in a single axis if it is so it is well within capabilities of arduino as richard said prepare a grid of sensors and check which one is triggered and move the camera in the +ve or -ve direction based on the postion of the sensor triggred it can be acheived using a servo
   smiley                                        - hopethis helps

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Probably the simplest setup might be have an Ir heat detector panned by a servo scan for something warmer than ambient. When a hot object is detected have the cam servo pan the cam to the same servo position where the IR servo detected the heat.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Zürich
Arduino rocks
View Profile

thank you all for the prompt responses.  I would like to see that, and report the results...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: