Go Down

Topic: ATtiny85 performance issues with Arduino (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

smnanthny

I've recently programmed an ATtiny85 with the Arduino bootloader (8MHz) for a project I need to read 3 analogue inputs.

I started by writing a simple sketch that calls a digitalRead() on pin 2 (physical pin 7) and changes the state of an LED based on whether an input is detected or not. When I apply a voltage to the input using a resistor it reacts instantly changing the LED state but when I remove the input, the 'Tiny takes ~5seconds to respond and switch the LED back.

Does anyone have any information that may help? I started by burning the bootloader that came with the Arduino 1.0.5 IDE and then tried a 3rd party 'Tiny core when I had the issue but it still persists.

Jack Christensen

Is there anything else connected to the input pin? A resistor to ground might be appropriate. Else the pin will float, it may return to a low logic level at some point, or not.
MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

smnanthny

Yep you're right, I meant to post back here earlier actually after I fixed the issue :P resistor to ground did the trick!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy