Go Down

Topic: Solenoid valve 12V (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

klis

Hi

I'm looking for a solenoid valve that operates on pulse, one pulse to open valve and another one to close it. I don't know how it is called so I'm asking for your help. Links would be nice  :)

Tnx.

mauried

That looks like a normal solenoid valve, which needs power applied to turn the valve on.
No power and the valve turns off.
Dont think thats what the OP wants.
Ive never seen a latching type of water valve, although you could get close with a rotary water valve, but they are usually
a lot more expensive.

scottyjr

Someone else working on the same thing here. - Scotty

klis

it's not the same thing, I have a solenoid valve and it works with my arduino and android phone.
I was just wondering if the valve I was looking for exists.
I want my valve to open to pulse and stay open without draining extra current, and when I want to close it - just send another pulse :D

retrolefty

it's not the same thing, I have a solenoid valve and it works with my arduino and android phone.
I was just wondering if the valve I was looking for exists.
I want my valve to open to pulse and stay open without draining extra current, and when I want to close it - just send another pulse :D

I would think they exist, some solar powered water sprinkler system relay on the lower current consumption obtained using latching solenoid. Try
https://www.google.com/search?q=latching+solenoid+water+valve&oq=latching+sol&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.12643j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

klis

Will look into it :)
Thanks

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy