Go Down

Topic: uArm??An open source robot arm (Read 37650 times) previous topic - next topic

UFactory

Hi vulture156,

Of course we can share the Arduino source code to you. You can send an email to us at: ufactory.info@gmail.com to ask for the code.

Best Regards,
Eric

UFactory

OSHW! CHEERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BfKwpFKA9o

JimboZA

Stunning work, guys.

I hope my local laser cutting guys that I approached get back to me soon... If not, I'll look further afield. Those guys are like 15 minutes drive away....
"Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then? "

No PMs for help please.
DO NOT power servos from Arduino 5V: give them their own power and connect the grounds.

zoomkat

In the past if one of the below mini vacuums would be strong enough to be used with a suction cup on a small arm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mini-USB-Vacuum-Keyboard-Cleaner-Dust-Collector-LAPTOP-Computer-/121240737862?pt=Computer_Cleaning_Equipment_Kits&hash=item1c3a82d846
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

JimboZA

I hope my local laser cutting guys that I approached get back to me soon... If not, I'll look further afield.

Turns out Mrs Jimbo deals with one of these outfits- so that's an alternative.

No PMs for help please.
DO NOT power servos from Arduino 5V: give them their own power and connect the grounds.

UFactory

I hope my local laser cutting guys that I approached get back to me soon... If not, I'll look further afield.

Turns out Mrs Jimbo deals with one of these outfits- so that's an alternative.

Hope to see your update of your own arm.

UFactory

In the past if one of the below mini vacuums would be strong enough to be used with a suction cup on a small arm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mini-USB-Vacuum-Keyboard-Cleaner-Dust-Collector-LAPTOP-Computer-/121240737862?pt=Computer_Cleaning_Equipment_Kits&hash=item1c3a82d846

Sound a good idea.

UFactory

We have got some new servos for uArm.

JimboZA

Jan 08, 2014, 05:13 am Last Edit: Jan 08, 2014, 07:29 am by JimboZA Reason: 1
Ordering my laser cut parts today.

Guys can you post a close-up of the brass stud and rivets that you mentioned in the parts list you sent me?

Also, the long spacers between the sides- see pic attached- are they on the parts list? I don't know what they are called. They look similar to the spacers I got with my Magician chassis.... are they commercial parts? EDIT... is that what you're calling Brass Studs, items 8-11 on the list?

I think you mentioned an assembly instructable somewhere.... is that up?

No PMs for help please.

UFactory

Ordering my laser cut parts today.

Guys can you post a close-up of the brass stud and rivets that you mentioned in the parts list you sent me?

Also, the long spacers between the sides- see pic attached- are they on the parts list? I don't know what they are called. They look similar to the spacers I got with my Magician chassis.... are they commercial parts? EDIT... is that what you're calling Brass Studs, items 8-11 on the list?

I think you mentioned an assembly instructable somewhere.... is that up?

Hi Jim,

Here is all the screws, nuts, bearings and brass stand-offs for assembling.

The long spacers you mentioned are the brass stand-offs, as we call Brass Studs. So sorry about my poor English. Is brass stand-offs right?

JimboZA

Yes I believe those are called "stand-offs".

My laser cutting is ordered and paid for whoo hoo.

No PMs for help please.

nasopwr

Wonderful project!
Would you consider sharing the mechanical drawings fit (dxf) for laser cutting purpose?
Thank you!

Alex_Co

Not sure where you are storing your pictures, but they are not downloading for me using IE,  I just get an X displayed. I like the design of keeping the servos off of the arm as much as possible.

We are so glad that you like our design, we are making a development of this robot arm and will make an update soon.

Hi UFactory,

First of all I want to congratulate you for this amazing project.
A laser cutter machine? Is it an expensive instrument? Or it doesn't cost too much?
However I really like your robotic arm. And I'll be honest...It's perfect for my project: building the first fully operative B1 Battle Droid (from Star Wars). Your robotic arm is perfect and, with your permission, I would want to use it for the upper and lower limbs of my project.
Where could I download all the stuff required to create the arm? It would be a pleasure for me to test your robotic arm in an advanced version. :)

Best regards,
Alessandro

JimboZA

Jan 10, 2014, 12:38 pm Last Edit: Jan 11, 2014, 03:38 am by JimboZA Reason: 1
Where could I download all the stuff required to create the arm?

The uFactory guys have accommodated me royally... they sent cad drawings and a parts list. I found a local laser cutting guy who is making my parts in the next couple of days. My job's next in his shop. EDIT.... my cutting is done, I'll collect Monday  :D

You def don't want to buy a cutter, pretty sure that's beeeeeeeg dinari, but my guy's doing it for 600ZAR... right now that's about 60USD, 40GBP more or less.  He's doing it in black Plexiglass aka Perspex.

All the other parts are commercial: bearings with standard part numbers, standard M-series screws. 3x standard servos, 1x tiny one.

No PMs for help please.

nasopwr

The uFactory guys have accommodated me royally... they sent cad drawings and a parts list...

Hi JimboZA,
can you share those cad drawings and part list?
Thank you in advance!

Go Up