Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New to Arduino, Can I expand external sketch mem?  (Read 428 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello all,

I am new to Arduino projects and have made the leap to buy my first set up. I went with the mega 2560 because I liked the idea of having so many I/O ports and the larger memory.

The 1st project I am working on is designed to solve a 2 X 2 rubix cube. I am some what worried that I may run out of flash memory to store my program on the board.

Can one of the SD ram card devices be used with the eeprog memory commands to run additional program lines (or is it really only useful to log more data)?

Can I wire up some I2C components (such as I2C EEPROM - 256kbit) and use the wire library for this?

Lastly if neither of the above work should I try to connect two Ardunio together and use the serial commands?  Would I be better off trying to use a serial connection to a laptop running Processing?

Thanks so much for your help!

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I don't really think you are going to need extra space. People have built a small OS on a regular arduino mega. And a first project as solving a 2X2 rubix cube is a pretty good one. You wont use all that space.

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

I am some what worried that I may run out of flash memory to store my program on the board.
You should not be worried. If you run out of space doing a rubix cube then I would say that you are doing something wrong!

Can one of the SD ram card devices be used with the eeprog memory commands to run additional program lines
No

Lastly if neither of the above work should I try to connect two Ardunio together and use the serial commands?
No, you'll be fine with 256KB smiley

Mowcius

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: