Go Down

Topic: Christmas Lights Control System -Arduino Mega - 16 Channel Relay Board (Read 38447 times) previous topic - next topic

RodneyD

Hello zparticle

I saw your postings originally on you-tube and followed you to here. Awesome job and thanks to you I am inspired to do a set of my own this year.
Don't know if you have up graded to Vixen3, but I was not able to get your code to run correctly on Vixen3 until I changed the footer command to "END" instead of 'VIXEN_END" also so had to change the line for the 9 count buffer referring to footer.  Apparently the new Vixen doesn't support that many characters on the footer, I didn't have to change the header.
Once I did that it came to life.

Thanks again for your post and you should probably put some videos of the finished product here

Rodney

richer2003

Hello, I'm having a strange problem here. I have everything connected, the arduino communicates with the relay board. I know this because the self test works. When you connect power to the arduino, it cycles through all the relay switches, 1 - 16. It also does this when you press the reset button on the arduino.  But when i try running a sequence in vixen, nothing happens. I have the COM ports set up correctly, COM2, Baud 57600. I can't seem to figure out why its not communicating.

I've tried using both Vixen 2 and Vixen 3 and no luck. Any help would be awesome, thank you.

dduval1046

hi
same problem
com2 baud 57600
and nothing
test vixen 3

tx for help

uglost

Hello, I'm having a strange problem here. I have everything connected, the arduino communicates with the relay board. I know this because the self test works. When you connect power to the arduino, it cycles through all the relay switches, 1 - 16. It also does this when you press the reset button on the arduino.  But when i try running a sequence in vixen, nothing happens. I have the COM ports set up correctly, COM2, Baud 57600. I can't seem to figure out why its not communicating.

I've tried using both Vixen 2 and Vixen 3 and no luck. Any help would be awesome, thank you.

Been beating my head against the wall for a couple of nights now with a very similar issue. When V 2 connects with my mega 2560 the lights (which are on) turn off until the sequence has run, then they come back on. Extremely frustrating. Did you find a resolution for your problem?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy