Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Christmas Lights Control System -Arduino Mega - 16 Channel Relay Board  (Read 27930 times)
Texas
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello zparticle

I saw your postings originally on you-tube and followed you to here. Awesome job and thanks to you I am inspired to do a set of my own this year.
Don't know if you have up graded to Vixen3, but I was not able to get your code to run correctly on Vixen3 until I changed the footer command to "END" instead of 'VIXEN_END" also so had to change the line for the 9 count buffer referring to footer.  Apparently the new Vixen doesn't support that many characters on the footer, I didn't have to change the header.
Once I did that it came to life.

Thanks again for your post and you should probably put some videos of the finished product here

Rodney

View Profile

Hello, I'm having a strange problem here. I have everything connected, the arduino communicates with the relay board. I know this because the self test works. When you connect power to the arduino, it cycles through all the relay switches, 1 - 16. It also does this when you press the reset button on the arduino.  But when i try running a sequence in vixen, nothing happens. I have the COM ports set up correctly, COM2, Baud 57600. I can't seem to figure out why its not communicating.

I've tried using both Vixen 2 and Vixen 3 and no luck. Any help would be awesome, thank you.

View Profile

hi
same problem
com2 baud 57600
and nothing
test vixen 3

tx for help

View Profile

Hello, I'm having a strange problem here. I have everything connected, the arduino communicates with the relay board. I know this because the self test works. When you connect power to the arduino, it cycles through all the relay switches, 1 - 16. It also does this when you press the reset button on the arduino.  But when i try running a sequence in vixen, nothing happens. I have the COM ports set up correctly, COM2, Baud 57600. I can't seem to figure out why its not communicating.

I've tried using both Vixen 2 and Vixen 3 and no luck. Any help would be awesome, thank you.

Been beating my head against the wall for a couple of nights now with a very similar issue. When V 2 connects with my mega 2560 the lights (which are on) turn off until the sequence has run, then they come back on. Extremely frustrating. Did you find a resolution for your problem?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: