Go Down

Topic: Sensor accuracy problem & coding with game controller (Arduino Uno board) (Read 782 times) previous topic - next topic

Insomira

Hello to anyone reading this!  :)
I'm working on a project with my team mates on motion-sensing using an accelerometer (ADXL335). Basically, we are making a motion-sensing game controller (the Arduino Uno board) and a game (the brick game developed using Processing application) connected to a laptop via a USB cable.

For the game controller, we are using the Arduino Uno board, with a prototyping shield placed on top of it, and the components on the prototyping shield itself. So far, we managed to develop the brick game and our game controller works too. Even though our game controller works, it doesn't really move according to our motion.
For example, when i move it to the right, it is supposed to stay put right? It doesn't stay, it returns to the middle again, to its original position. Pretty much, the accuracy is the problem here.

My team mate said it might be because of our X, Y and Z values. We just used the codes provided in the software when we downloaded it. We didn't edit anything. Are we supposed to change the 3 values in the code?
Here's the link to what she saw @ 02:07 mins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOUBr6Nmzec

And this link will lead you to my Google+ account with photos of our project:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114499179677684573641/114499179677684573641/posts

Hopefully someone can help us, we would be very grateful for your help :)

PaulS

For example, when i move it to the right, it is supposed to stay put right? It doesn't stay, it returns to the middle again, to its original position. Pretty much, the accuracy is the problem here.

No. Your supposition is incorrect. The accelerometer reports instantaneous acceleration values (change of velocity/speed). If the accelerometer stops moving, the velocity drops to 0. So, eventually, you see no change in velocity.

A video that shows some Arduino code that is completely unrelated to reading accelerometer data is worse than useless. It wasted 3 minutes of my time.

Insomira

Hahahahahahahah stated there to look at the code at 2:07 mins. Didn't help but thanks for wasting my time too :)

PaulS

Didn't help but thanks for wasting my time too

You're welcome, I guess. I don't see how I wasted your time. I watched the whole video. There was no code that used an accelerometer that was ever shown.

Go Up