TestGPRS code example from Arduino not working.

Hi. I tried the TestGPRS code that is already built in as example in the Arduino but when I verified it there is an error.

this is the error

In file included from C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:39,
                 from C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38,
                 from C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM.h:45,
                 from TestGPRS.ino:21:
C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1BaseProvider.h:57: error: section attribute not allowed for 'str'
In file included from C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38,
                 from C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM.h:45,
                 from TestGPRS.ino:21:
C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:170: error: section attribute not allowed for 'str'
C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\arduino-1.0.4\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:189: error: section attribute not allowed for 'str'

I really dont understand the error.

For which Arduino? I loaded the example (on 1.0.5), and selected the UNO. I only got one "error":

Binary sketch size: 20,174 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)

PaulS:
For which Arduino? I loaded the example (on 1.0.5), and selected the UNO. I only got one "error":

Binary sketch size: 20,174 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)

Im using an arduino compatilble board. Im not really sure of its equivalent to an arduino. Im using the 1.0.4 Arduino.
Actually I didnt connect the arduino yet, I just clicked the "verify" code because it doesnt need the the board yet.

I just clicked the "verify" code because it doesnt need the the board yet.

It most certainly does. The actual board does not have to be connected, but you must select the correct board so the compiler/linker knows how to compile the code.

PaulS:
It most certainly does. The actual board does not have to be connected, but you must select the correct board so the compiler/linker knows how to compile the code.

I already selected the correct board for compiling. My other colleague tried to "verify" the code in her laptop, it worked. I don't know why it doesn't work on mine. Is there something wrong on the board or my laptop or the code?

Is there something wrong on the board

How could this be a possibility? It was not connected to your computer or you coworkers computer or my computer.

or the code?

Again, how can this be a possibility? It compiled for me and your coworker.

or my laptop

Or the installation of the Arduino software on your laptop. Now, I think we're getting somewhere.

I tried it again, when I tried it with the Arduino UNO, the code worked but when I tried it to our compatible arduino, it didnt.

So what is your 'compatible'? Is it an ATMega328P chip? Does it have the Uno bootloader?

What is this 'compatible' board entry you are selecting?

Screenshots of your selection and a photo of your board would help immensly.

For most 'compatibles', selecting Uno is the appropriate option.

tack:
So what is your 'compatible'? Is it an ATMega328P chip? Does it have the Uno bootloader?

What is this 'compatible' board entry you are selecting?

Screenshots of your selection and a photo of your board would help immensly.

I really don't know its 'compatible' board because we installed our boards (gizDuino) in the Arduino IDE. I mean, we can choose it in the lists of boards.
I'm using the gizDuino+ ATMEGA644. Here's the link. http://www.e-gizmo.com/KIT/gizduino+%20164,324,644.html

I'm not familiar with the gizDuino cores etc.

The board is more Sanguino like, being based on the 644.

Certainly from the screen shot it looks like it's not pin for pin compatible with Uno. The functions are in the same place for shields but the pin numbers are different.

It seems to be some issue due to the different config.

Many of us are using 644 and 1284 with the maniacbug 1284 cores as base. The Bobuino variant matches pins to Uno as closely as possible. I've certainly had good success with most code, even if having to make some adjustments to fix hardware differences.

Without having one of these boards it'll be hard to help any further. You could probably use the mighty1284 core and Bobuino variant with the board though, just adjust pin numbers from what is printed on the board to what the standard Uno layout is. I'd only suggest trying this if you have some understanding of what younare doing.