Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Controlling multiple digital LED strips from Arduino  (Read 386 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have a digital LED strip with ws2811 driver. I have successfully tested it with my Arduino and FastSPI library.
Now I want to control multiple strips from Arduino, but haven't found any information about it.
Is it possible? Has anyone tried?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

The WS2811 chips are intended to be daisy chained.
Thus you'd connect a bunch in series and just send out more data as needed.
May have to connect power every so often down the strip to avoid voltage drop down the line.

* WS2811-preliminary-EN[1].pdf (319.93 KB - downloaded 13 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thank you for the answer!
But I will place my  strips in the opposite ends of the room and it is not so good for me to have very long wire from one end of the strip to other. Is there a way to control two strips from two separate pins?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

You'd have to read up on FastSPI library to see if it supports that. Probably have better results with a controller at each end of the room.
Add an RF link if you need them to get in synch or something.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: