Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shift In  (Read 430 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ShiftIn

same as

Multiple Inputs - Parallel to Serial Shift Registers 4021
http://sweb.cityu.edu.hk/sm2608/styled-10/

I wanted to use this method to do the multiplexing of 16 buttons, but i want to do a test first with only one IC and 8 buttons only

I tried to use the program that is there but it didn't work, basically i want to for example turn on a LED if i press the 4 button, something simple like that.

Does anyone was a program to do that or something similar ? If not i would appreciate some help with modifying the program as i'm still learning the C language
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:02:54 am by Dio07master » Logged

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

I tried to use the program that is there but it didn't work, basically i want to for example turn on a LED if i press the 4 button, something simple like that.
The term dosn't work us not much help.
When you do the exact tutorial does that function like you expect? If not then you probbley have a hardware issue.  You need to fix that before extending the code.

View Profile

Sorry for this mess, i found the error and it was ... (well, really dumb) the program works, now what i need to do is keep the value when i press the button so the ic can pick it and give to the arduino (for now i need to stay pressing the button until the clock signal comes) but i don't think that this is a matter for this website maybe. If anyone wonder, i'm thinking about using a 74HC/HCT173 Quad D-type Flip-flop; Positive-edge Trigger; 3-state  smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: