Go Down

Topic: Easy Wireless Communication (Read 834 times) previous topic - next topic

GoZeR

Hello All,

Here is my project - creating a wireless link between my motorcycle helmet and an arduino that monitors 3 inputs from the motorcycle (brake,left turn, right turn).  I already have the code done and implemented for hardwire, but for convenience I want to go wireless.  The arduino is on the bike, and I have a MAX7219 controlling the 8x8 led matrix on the helmet.  

The MAX7219 is expecting Data, Clock and Latch.  Simply 3 inputs.  

So, does anyone know an easy way (I am still a beginner) to make the wires go away?  

Thanks

PaulS

Oct 21, 2010, 08:53 pm Last Edit: Oct 21, 2010, 08:54 pm by PaulS Reason: 1
So, does anyone know an easy way (I am still a beginner) to make the wires go away?  

Wire cutters?

Wireless communication in a noisy (electrically, that is) environment like an automobile or motorcycle is going to be problematic. XBees are probably going to be your best bet, since they do re-transmissions and data integrity checking automatically. Whether they will work around the motorcycle, or not, I don't know. I could run a test later today, to see, if you like. They are not cheap, though.

cybertim

you could always use the chinese knockoff that is cheaper :)

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Arduino-Wireless-RF-Transmit-APC220-Kits-USB-Converter-/160494901106

PaulS

I took my XBee transmitter and receiver out by my bike, and fired it up. It's a Harley, and about as electrically noisy as they come. The XBees never missed a bit.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy