OK, it's been a while since I last posted--between getting parts and traveling, I haven't had much chance to work on this in the last month. I got a 358, an assortment of resistors and capacitors, a 7810, and a 7805, and assembled it all on a breadboard this afternoon. I used a 56K resistor rather than a 50K, but otherwise as directed here. I powered the 358 from the 7805, and the sensor from the 7810. I tied the sensor input and output grounds together.Likely as a result of tying the input and output grounds together, I got some unexpected results. Where previously the output of the sensor was 0 V with 0 psi applied, it became 946 mV. Instead of increasing 1 mV/psi, it increased about 0.5 mV/psi.The output of the 358 was steady at 3.57V. I suspected this was as close to Vcc as its output would go, so I tried powering it from the 7810 instead. The results from that confused me. With 0 psi and an input voltage of 946 mV, the output was 1.834V. With 20 psi and an input voltage of 959 mV, the output was 1.826V. At that point I stopped the test.I understand that this wouldn't meet any kind of certification--this is for an experimental application, so that isn't a problem.
Please enter a valid email to subscribe
We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the
email we just sent you.
Thank you for subscribing!
via Egeo 16