Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Electro-Magnetic Sensor  (Read 581 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have been looking at all the cool sensor stuff you can get for the arduino,,, and a thought came to me... I am very tai chi /chi kung oriented, and also know that the chi of the body, radiates outward. These I believe are also known as morpho-genetic fields (the bubble around the human body), some theory says caused by the brain in operation. Now you got a little background, I was wondering is there a sensor that can pick up these fields. Any recommendations, on where to start looking. I get an important part will be the antenna,(for the part of receiving these frequencies), and I will start with using Walter Russell's coil antenna, as shown in his book a new concept of the universe.
Anyways, so what is a nice sensor to start with for playing?
Thanks in advance, by the way I love the Arduino community, its a great source of information, with wonderful people

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I was wondering is there a sensor that can pick up these fields.

Not likely, as most sensors just use real science in their design and construction.

View Profile

obviously  you have never heard of a seven layer liquid crystal oscillator .

View Profile

I am unsure if this is the arduino "solution" to the MEG sensor... but here is a link.
http://playground.arduino.cc//Main/CapacitiveSensor?from=Main.CapSense

View Profile

And a link for those of you looking for REAL science.
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/brain-041912.cfm

Victoria, Australia
God Member
Electronics Engineer/Industrial Control
View Profile

morpho-genetic fields

I googled "morpho-genetic fields" its a group of cells and detecting it interaction with other cells and their  surrounding, (I think).

You may need to investigate morpho-genetic fields more and work out exactly what you need, you are the expert here in this field not us.
What is the frequency you wish to detect, is it magnetic, electric, gravity, light, IR, UV fields that you want to detect.
The link you supplied is for a Magnetic Sensor, and the sensitivity of it requires that it stays in the world of laboratory controlled environments. Id hate to see the gear needed to get an output from it.
The cap sensor you pointed to is an electric field based sensor,.
Tom...... smiley
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:49:17 am by TomGeorge » Logged

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running......VK3DMK

View Profile

Cells and tissues generate electrical fields that can be detected on the skin surface.
But the laws of physics demand that any electrical current generates a corresponding magnetic field in the surrounding space.
I am thinking I am going to perhaps need electric and magnetic sensors. The problem is the frequencies are really low.
0-30 hz are the range of frequencies the brain produces. These frequencies are "layered or grouped", it is about half of the schumman resonance, which strangely enough is no longer conistant. if memory serves it was 7.83 for the longest time, and recently its resonance has increased to 8.2 ... my numbers may be off, but I am close.
0-4hz
4-8hz
8-12hz
12+  (capped at 30hz I think)
What I am going to need is probably four sensor.
For those of you who went to electronics school you may have taken your frequency reading with an oscilloscope. I can hold a multi-meter and set it to dc voltage and pin the needle while holding the multi-meter probes. Laws of physics says a magnetic field should be created, by the simple flowing of this current.
YesI know much like Edison and the light bulb... its relatively "uncharted waters".

Lacey, Washington, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

Edison didn't invent the incandescent lightbulb, he just made a successful commercial version of it.

You may find that the electromagnetic fields in the human body are very small and very difficult to detect at any reasonable distance. Keep in mind that you are a conductor moving in the Earth's magnetic field, that is going to generate some really tiny electric currents and distort the local magnetic fields. Enough to measure? I suspect not, but I'd really like to find out if you succeed.

Steve Greenfield AE7HD
CET Consumer Electronics and Computer

Victoria, Australia
God Member
Electronics Engineer/Industrial Control
View Profile

I agree with polymorph, the levels of signal you are looking for are extremely low, the background EMC in this modern world is very high with all our interweb, opads, ophones, that it would be just a challenge to detect a clean signal anywhere.

But good luck.... Tom..... smiley
 Joseph Swan, one of many developing a light bulb at the same time, but possibly the first to get a prototype you could call representative of a bulb as we know it.

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running......VK3DMK

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Cells and tissues generate electrical fields that can be detected on the skin surface.
But the laws of physics demand that any electrical current generates a corresponding magnetic field in the surrounding space.
Don't mix up electric field, with electric current they are different things.

The problem is the frequencies are really low.
The frequency is not an issue at all, the problem is that the effects are so small other interfering signals swamp them out.

schumman resonance, which strangely enough is no longer conistant.
Why should it be constant? You can't say it is no longer constant, if it changes it never was constant.

its relatively "uncharted waters".
No totally charted.

Oregon, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

Shumann resonances are peaks in the extremely low frequency electromagnetic spectrum and are the consequences primarily of lightning exciting the resonant cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere. The wavelengths are integer (sub)multiples of the length of the cavity, which is roughly the circumference of the Earth.

These naturally occurring signals could certainly make it exceedingly difficult to detect the already extremely weak electromagnetic radiation resulting from electrical currents in living organisms.

Agreed, this is totally charted territory.

"It seems to run on some form of electricity"

View Profile

Good responses, for this, project...I had a thought over the holidays. Since everything is either vibrating, or oscillating, ( Vibration happening in the direction of propagation, and oscillation happening at 90 degrees, regardless of propagation)(my brain sees vibration as a pancake, and oscillation as a stack of pancakes) Maybe magnetic, or electric sensors, are not the way to go...maybe a light radiation sensor and a vibration/ sound sensor is the way to measure these frequencies, and then find a "common denominator" from there. Or one of each, electric, magnetic, light and sound. There was a formula somewhere I read, which could take light radiation frequency, and then convert that directly to vibration/ sound frequency.. so that if you wanted to "hear blue" or see middle C, that is what it did...( all visual light ranges, taken into consideration here).
I agree external sources of frequencies, radio waves etc, are a large nuisance. smiley-wink
Grumpy_Mike... Thanks for clarifying the electrical current and electrical field, you are absolutely correct.
Time to find some formulas.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

Since everything is either vibrating, or oscillating, ( Vibration happening in the direction of propagation, and oscillation happening at 90 degrees,
There is no distinction between vibration and oscillation they are the same thing.  The idea of things vibrating is just that, a way of modeling the concept of temperature.

There was a formula somewhere I read, which could take light radiation frequency, and then convert that directly to vibration/ sound frequency.
There is a simple relationship between wavelength and frequency of any propagating wave.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavelength
They are a measure of the same thing. If you know one you know the other for any particular wave.
However it does not map light to sound. Sound is the propagation of a disturbance in pressure where as light is an electromagnetic wave, while both have a frequency and a wavelength they are not related to each other in any way. It is like saying because I can measure the length of a sausage it is some how related to the length of a table.

View Profile

Well after a little bit of research I think I stumbled on the answer to my question... I may have to further investigate this, but here it is.

http://frontiernerds.com/brain-hack

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: