Go Down

Topic: Arduino Robot Wheels Not Spinning in Sync (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

rbrott

Hello all,

Before I get into the problem, I would like to let everyone know that this is my first Arduino ever  :) , and, therefore, I am a complete newbie to Arduino and hardware prototyping in general. Recently, I received an Arduino Robot (the official one) for Christmas. Excited to get started, I began tinkering with it on the first day. I was able to get some code working and was quite pleased with the board. Nevertheless, I noticed that the robot was not moving in a straight line. It was not until a day or two ago that I realized the wheels weren't spinning correctly. I have tried everything including the wheel calibration example program and it will not work. I have also noticed that the treads on the wheels do not seem to be oriented completely in line with the wheel itself.

Just in case it will help, I program the board with Arduino v1.0.5 on a Windows 7 PC. I am willing to provide any information needed about the board or the PC should it be needed.

Any help will be graciously accepted.

johnwasser

I have tried everything including the wheel calibration example program and it will not work.

What do you mean by "will not work"?  Did you hit the limit on the trimmer before getting the robot to run straight?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

rbrott

Exactly! I reached the limit at -30% on the Wheel Calibration example program and the robot still didn't run straight. Tried the other direction too...

johnwasser

Exactly! I reached the limit at -30% on the Wheel Calibration example program and the robot still didn't run straight. Tried the other direction too...

Sounds like a hardware problem.  Perhaps you should return the robot board for a replacement.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up