Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: web streaming analog radio receiver  (Read 724 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all, I have a project that requires some feedback advice I hope you don't mind me bouncing it off you all. I am a Grad student in Chicago.
I am about to plan a build for Arduino and need advice, I am making a traveling case to send out to galleries that will contain a radio receiver that will slowly scan FM radio signals and then stream them to the web via Arduino. The idea is that the case can just be put down in a gallery or space be switched on and the Arduino will automatically connect to a free wifi hotspot  and stream the local analog radio reception to a server, the idea is that the case can be modular inside so other Arduinos can be added at a later date to stream other info like video or local data sensing.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Many Thanks for your comments,

Mat.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:04:27 pm by matjinks » Logged

Copenhagen / Denmark
Edison Member
Do it !
View Profile

.......and then stream them to the web via Arduino.

I don't think that this is possible. Arduino has no built in capability for handeling neither audio signals nor web streaming.

And no built in WIFI.

I think yhat you would need a PC in the box to achieve this.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:26:50 am by MikMo » Logged

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

Nice idea, but Arduino's not your man. You want a pc, but small and battery powered. Check out Norhtec, but don't be deceived by their list prices, once you've added WiFi, XP, USB and a HDD, they're more expensive than a laptop.

The alternative option, is to get an Arduino BT, then use a laptop or a wrecked pc, as a WiFi bridge, though I'm unsure how or if the BT would handle streaming audio data.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: