Go Down

Topic: web streaming analog radio receiver (Read 776 times) previous topic - next topic

matjinks

Nov 01, 2007, 05:46 pm Last Edit: Nov 01, 2007, 06:04 pm by matjinks Reason: 1
Hi all, I have a project that requires some feedback advice I hope you don't mind me bouncing it off you all. I am a Grad student in Chicago.
I am about to plan a build for Arduino and need advice, I am making a traveling case to send out to galleries that will contain a radio receiver that will slowly scan FM radio signals and then stream them to the web via Arduino. The idea is that the case can just be put down in a gallery or space be switched on and the Arduino will automatically connect to a free wifi hotspot  and stream the local analog radio reception to a server, the idea is that the case can be modular inside so other Arduinos can be added at a later date to stream other info like video or local data sensing.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Many Thanks for your comments,

Mat.

MikMo

Nov 02, 2007, 11:24 am Last Edit: Nov 02, 2007, 11:26 am by MikMo Reason: 1
.......and then stream them to the web via Arduino.

I don't think that this is possible. Arduino has no built in capability for handeling neither audio signals nor web streaming.

And no built in WIFI.

I think yhat you would need a PC in the box to achieve this.

John_Ryan

Nice idea, but Arduino's not your man. You want a pc, but small and battery powered. Check out Norhtec, but don't be deceived by their list prices, once you've added WiFi, XP, USB and a HDD, they're more expensive than a laptop.

The alternative option, is to get an Arduino BT, then use a laptop or a wrecked pc, as a WiFi bridge, though I'm unsure how or if the BT would handle streaming audio data.

Go Up