Go Down

Topic: Esplora enhancement suggestions (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dgrebe

Hi,

I am playing around with Arduinos for several years and started with the Esplora and the TFT Display 2 weeks ago and I am fascinated by the Esplora design and possibilities, using it as an IR remote control by plugging a IR LED to the Tinkerkit output B and extended the IRLib to use pin 11 as PWM for the ATmega 32U4. Furthermore, I would like to move away from a wired connection to a PC/Device and are looking for bluetooth additionally to the display.

Here are my suggestions for future developments.

- Add a I2C plug to extend the interfacing possibilities
- Move to 3.3 V
- Add a bluetooth device to the board to allow wireless serial communication. It is possible to attach this via the display adapter but usually the bluetooth chips use 3.3V and require a logic level converter. Ideally the pins 0 and 1 should not be used for the display, alternatively the bluetooth chip can be connected via SPI, which make the communication (not Serial) more complicated.
- Add a IR LED and IR receiver directly to the board.

Regards,

Dirk

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy