Go Down

Topic: Intercepting *legally* radio communications (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Rixterz

Hi there,

I really want to make a project where I can intercept communications because my sisters always talk about me and plot evil things against me with their walkie talkies. I'll use a speaker and mic for listening and speaking, as well as a potentiometer to change the frequency to find the frequency, but I can't find a module or something to do the transceiving anywhere on the internet. Please reply with any links! I also don't want actual radio signals to come through (music), only speaking, but if that's not possible, it's ok.

Note: Please note that I am not interested in intercepting police communications for obvious reasons :)

-Ricky

el_supremo

Buy the same walkie-talkie that they use.

Pete

retrolefty

Be nice to your sisters, someday you will appreciate what they can do for you.

cjdelphi

Hmmm...

Not totally 100รท sure about this but.... I came across a video on youtube which shows you how to hack old radios by prying apart the coiled induction coils (1 or 2 of them)  and allows the tuned circuit to pick up bands like Air Traffic...

Maybe this could be used to listen in on them.

All you need is an old radio.

SirNickity

Does your kitchen sink have one of those sprayer handle things?  If so, two words:  Rubber Band.   ]:D

Simpson_Jr

As far as I know you can listen to any frequency in most countries legally. If I listen to police-frequencies here, I get a lot of beeps hisses and other encrypted stuff.

Anyway, What you need is a receiver, set to the right frequency. You should check which radio band your sister uses, with a bit of luck you can find it by googling the walkie talkie she's using.

After that you only need to find a radio-circuit able to receive those frequencies an build it. There are tons of HAM-sites with info how to build one.

JoeN

Since when is it illegal to intercept "police communications"?   ]:D
I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they would not teach me of in college.

TomGeorge

Hi, I'm not completely sure but, in Australia you can listen to police, emergency services, but not disseminate the information heard.
ie, don't tell anybody what you heard, don't use the information for anything, don't pass recordings or reports onto the media etc.

I have police scanner running here now, Saturday night fever on the streets.

Tom    :smiley-zipper:

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running......VK3DMK

Paul__B

I have police scanner running here now, Saturday night fever on the streets.

Hmm.  But is saying that in itself violating the NDA we signed?  (Secrecy of communications or some such ...)

TomGeorge

Hi , yes its a fine line, we have ACMA here, Australian Communications and Media Authority. US version of FCC.

Tom..... 8)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running......VK3DMK

Go Up