Go Down

Topic: Issues flashing from VM (Read 264 times) previous topic - next topic

Tr0n

Hey all - I'm trying to use the arduino Due from within  a VM (Ubuntu 12.10 guest, Virtualbox running on Ubuntu 12.04 host) and am facing some issues...

The device works fine from my Host OS, and when I pass through the USB device it gets recognized by the guest VM, and occasionally the bossac utility will recognize the device with the '-i' option.  However, actually programming the device invariably results in 'SAM BA Error' or 'No device found on /dev/ttyACM0'.  I do not have this issue when using the Uno or Teensy 3.0.

Any thoughts?

PS: Understandably, some of you may be questioning my sanity - why bother with the VM when the host works fine - but this VM is distributed across multiple developers for a consistent "plug and play" dev environment.

Tr0n

No longer an issue, we just succumbed to installing jantje's eclipseArduino on every machine manually.  Oh well.  I suspect there are some nuances with VirtualBox's USB passthrough layer that bossac can't handle

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy