Go Down

Topic: Project Management Software? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

wizdum

I have finally reached the stage in my "business" where I need some sort of assistance with project management. Does anyone have any recommendations for software or systems for organization of  projects? I basically just need a nice interface where I can store project descriptions, files, dates, and customer info, with a "overview" that lists the project dates and status'. I'm not working on anything large enough to warrant something like Microsoft Project Pro...yet.

Presently i'm just using folders on a NAS with index files that describe the folder's contents. It works for organization, but lacks the "overview" aspect.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

NI$HANT

I just do all that in a google doc
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

wizdum

I just do all that in a google doc

Thats basically what i'm doing now. It works well, its just hard to keep track of project timetables without going and checking each project manually.
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

NI$HANT

its just hard to keep track of project timetables without going and checking each project manually.

Why dont you simply make a php page that cares for the deadline or other timeline state of your projects and then send message to your arduino using HTTP Requests and then display the prompts! over a LCD screen?
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

robtillaart

I know people for which Excel is the holy grail of Proj. mgmt.
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Go Up