Go Down

Topic: Counter w/ LED Sign and keypad (Read 516 times) previous topic - next topic

jsmiller12009

Any kind of help is very well appreciated, no matter how small.

I need to count down stacks of papers as they pass by on a conveyor belt (so an input to count down from). Then display it on two LED signs (maybe like a red led 4" x 24" or around).

I'm not an amazing coder but I seem to get by, some sample code for the counter would be incredibly helpful (it seems like something that sounds really easy but could possibly be difficult).

Some problems I may have:
Sensor - for a range of like a foot of distance, won't accidentally trip, good in case of different textures of the papers
Finding good parts for a good price (sensor, input keypad, led signs...)
Externally power led signs? How to hook up two signs?
What model of Arduino is appropriate?

LarryD

stacks of papers

How high are these?
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

LarryD

Sensor - for a range of like a foot of distance, won't accidentally trip, good in case of different textures of the papers

Light Beam, when broken increment count. (if there is a distance between the stacks)
Here
LED signs or counters?
Here
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11516
Search EBAY example  Here
UNO or Mega depends on how you drive the counter.
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

jsmiller12009

Light Beam, when broken increment count. (if there is a distance between the stacks)
Here
LED signs or counters?
Here
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11516
Search EBAY example  Here
UNO or Mega depends on how you drive the counter.

The sensor idea is perfect, and thanks for the links. I guess one thing I forgot to point out is that the LED sign is going to be mounted on a wall and read from a distance of about 20-30 feet away.

Go Up