Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: arduino raspberry pi laser range finder  (Read 267 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,
I  would like to make a laser range finder with arduino and raspberry pi. I also have a webcam and opencv on the rpi. I want to use this to take measurments on an airsoft sentry gun, having it measure distances at certain known servo angles, then scan again and compare with last scanned, if measurment changed, that means someone has moved in front of it. That would then trigger a servo to fire an airsoft gun. I hafe sucessfully got another version of this going on a laptop but i would love for it to be on the rapberry pi! I have tried blob detction and such on rpi but no such sucess. So I have came down to making a lrf to use. I actually think the lrf is much cooler!.....i have been searching on the internet for lrf's but they are not suited to me. I am able to controll servos, its the measuring range that messes me up. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

View Profile

Also when i say i made another version with a laptop, it didn't use lrf, what it did use was motion tracking.
I have some code for python to track the brightest pixels(laser pointer). Also i have some arduino code for servo movement. I just need help on the math and coding considering i have no experience in python, but some in c++(some=very little).
https://sites.google.com/site/todddanko/home/webcam_laser_ranger    this is a link to a website that might help.
Thanks!

View Profile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: