Go Down

Topic: Wireless Continued (Read 555 times) previous topic - next topic

baum

A while back I asked about the outputting of wireless data on antennas. Now I understand how the data is transmitted, but how exactly do the receivers work? Also, could I make a simple device very cheaply for sending 1 bit of data ~1 ft. without buying a pre-made transmitter/receiver package? the response needn't be that fast.

PaulS

Also, could I make a simple device very cheaply for sending 1 bit of data ~1 ft.

Are you asking permission? If so, it's granted. Let us know how it goes.

baum

No! I want to know HOW I could make one. All I need to do is send 1 bit of data about 1ft.

AWOL

All I need to do is send 1 bit of data about 1ft.

A very small catapult.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

baum

Re phrased:
I want to send one bit of data, cheaply, abou 1 ft across a room using a radion transmitter/receiver. I do not want wires or infrared.

AWOL

Breakdown voltage of dry air is about 30kV per cm, so around a million volts should do it.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

baum

That's not a radio. I was thinking something like this:
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8945
But I was wondering if I could easily build something like that myself.

baum

But all the comments say that it generates excessive noise.

AWOL

No, it says you have to keep the link busy so that the AGC doesn't bring up the noise.

baum

But If I want to when a button is pressed to the receiver, how would I keep the link busy when the button is not pressed?

Go Up