Go Down

Topic: Will this schematic work? (Read 549 times) previous topic - next topic

greasemonkey94

Dec 11, 2010, 09:25 am Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010, 09:26 am by 221994 Reason: 1
Hello,

image developed using fritzing.

Will this work, I know the 2 AA batteries wont provide enough power,
just assume its a collection of 6 or 8 AA batteries.Basically only the signal lines go to the arduino and the power is provided from a separate regulated 5v source,also assume the arduino is powered separately.

So will this work?

if there are any mistakes, please tell me how to correct them.

Thanks

jada

greasemonkey94

Why do i need a common ground when i am powering the board and other stuff separately.
Please explain (I'm a beginner)

greasemonkey94

Dec 11, 2010, 10:26 am Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010, 10:31 am by 221994 Reason: 1
Ah thanks for explaining it richard,
that thing in the middle is a 5v regulator, can be anything,
but i will be using a 7805 and i know that the batteries provide 3v
i said assume it contains 6 or 8 AA batteries :D,
and that thing on the left is a sharp IR rangefinder which gives an analog output proportional to the distance of the object its seeing ,

so it should be something like this?

jada

so it should be something like this?

YES  :)

retrolefty

Dec 11, 2010, 03:46 pm Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010, 03:48 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Your second drawing ( I really don't like fitz 'drawings' compaired to real schematics, even hand drawn ) is pretty close. You should look up 7805 regulator circuits and see the input and output capacitiors they require/recommend. Also while your IR sensor will work as drawn, you can optionally also wire just the sensor's red wire (+5vdc power) to the Arduino +5vdc pin as that sensor only requires about 33ma or so. It's the servo that can require high current and thus requires an external voltage source like your battery pack.

Go Up