Go Down

Topic: Manolins SIM 900 GSM/GPRS Shield Expansion Board Wireless Module (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

HI.
I start my adventure with Arduino and I have a problem with gsm board. Did somebody have some experience with this board? I was try AT comands and standard arduino GSM libary and this dosn`t work.

Here is description wich I found about it:

- The GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) Shield is a new nonvoice value added service that delivers GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz performance for voice, SMS, Data, and Fax in a small form factor and with low power consumption. It is controlled via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands), and fully compatible with Manduino/Arduino and Mega.
- The GPRS Shield is configured and controlled via its UART using simple AT commands. Just plug this shield on the Arduino/ Manduino board, you could easy to use AT command control ManCOM Shild. You can use the 2 jumper block to connect the SIM900 URAT post to any pins within D0-D3(for Hardware/Software serial port). There is a switch on board , you can use it to select the connection of the UART port or Debug port, even be set on on Arduino, but by the switch and jumper block, the SIM900 can be connect to PC via FT233RL.

Four hunred persons look in my post and nobody know answer. Its greate forum.

For the rest who will have this problem in future i can help. Becarefull for the declarate of pins, and don`t try run this shield with swith on another shield.

Here is webside where I found help for my problem, meaby help you to.

http://tronixstuff.com/2014/01/08/tutorial-arduino-and-sim900-gsm-modules/

davidgoth

Official Arduino GSM Library was designed for Quectel M10 modem, included in oficial GSM Shield.

Go Up