Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RASPBERRY PI / JAVA / LIBRARY INSTALLATION PROBLEMS - PART 2  (Read 474 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Have PI  / ARDUINO R3 set up. - works OK  eg ' HELLO WORLD ' on LCD display.

Have updated to 1.0.5  OK and have JAVA 7 selected.

When attempting to add downloaded library [ adafruit example  for I2C driven LCD   via GIT-HUB ] to  existing libraries in / usr / share/ arduino / libraries I get JAVA type errors.

Have downloaded latest LINUX32  as zip file called   processing-2.1.1-linux32.tgz  and understand that I need to replace x86 Java runtime with RASPBERRY PI    armhfone.

On attempting to unzip   using      tar     xvzf  processing-2.1.1-linux32.tgz       I get error message    gzip :   stdin :  unexpected end of file

Any suggestions ?  Thanks

View Profile

Shouldn't you just connect it to the net, open a terminal window and type:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install arduino

UK
Tesla Member
View Profile

There is normally no need to use apt-get to install java programs. A java program is just a data file (or files) that will be used by the JVM. You should be able to copy a java program to any directory and get it to work with the appropriate "java -xxxxxxx" command. That's what's nice about the JVM.

It also means you can have several copies of the same or slightly different programs available from different directories.

That's how I installed the Arduino IDE on this Ubuntu netbook.

...R

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: