Go Down

Topic: RASPBERRY PI / JAVA / LIBRARY INSTALLATION PROBLEMS - PART 2 (Read 655 times) previous topic - next topic

Have PI  / ARDUINO R3 set up. - works OK  eg ' HELLO WORLD ' on LCD display.

Have updated to 1.0.5  OK and have JAVA 7 selected.

When attempting to add downloaded library [ adafruit example  for I2C driven LCD   via GIT-HUB ] to  existing libraries in / usr / share/ arduino / libraries I get JAVA type errors.

Have downloaded latest LINUX32  as zip file called   processing-2.1.1-linux32.tgz  and understand that I need to replace x86 Java runtime with RASPBERRY PI    armhfone.

On attempting to unzip   using      tar     xvzf  processing-2.1.1-linux32.tgz       I get error message    gzip :   stdin :  unexpected end of file

Any suggestions ?  Thanks

Shouldn't you just connect it to the net, open a terminal window and type:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install arduino

There is normally no need to use apt-get to install java programs. A java program is just a data file (or files) that will be used by the JVM. You should be able to copy a java program to any directory and get it to work with the appropriate "java -xxxxxxx" command. That's what's nice about the JVM.

It also means you can have several copies of the same or slightly different programs available from different directories.

That's how I installed the Arduino IDE on this Ubuntu netbook.

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131