Go Down

Topic: New Arduino Uno R3 re-set problem. (Read 349 times) previous topic - next topic

My friend brought his brand new Uno R3 ( bought last saturday from one of the largest official stockists) for me to test. Loading any sketch produce the same results, connected to usb or external supply.
    Symptoms are:-
1) While connected to computer USB, load sketch, say "blink example" It appears to load ok with the leds flashing during data transmission, program runs ok with on-board LED flashing as it should.
2) Press the reset button, program stops and does not restart until program is re-loaded. Disconnecting usb and reconnecting has the same effect as pushing the re-set button. It is the same if the re-set pin is used. I checked the  re-set switch and it is mechanically and electrically fine.
4) Do the same test but with a nine volt battery connected to the power input socket, load the sketch, remove the usb and the re-set button works once (program stops and re-starts) and then freezes again until the sketch is reloaded.
5) Doing exactly the same, on the same computer with two of my boards and the re-set works properly every time.
     It would appear that the board is faulty, but a second/third..... opinion would be appreciated in case we are missing something.  :|

spycatcher2k

If you have access to another Arduino, you could try re-uploading the fuse settings and bootloader.
Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design work undertaken
SMD & Thru-Hole assembly

Cono

How exactly can you do that? I've having a similar problem with an Arduino Uno and I have an Arduino Mega .

spycatcher2k

Search the main arduino site for arduino as ISP - all the details are there.
Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design work undertaken
SMD & Thru-Hole assembly

Update to original post.
Today the board stopped working altogether so it was returned and replaced with a new one which is performing correctly.
It's a pity we never found out exactly what was wrong for future reference.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy