Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Arduino Uno R3 re-set problem.  (Read 242 times)
southern England
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

My friend brought his brand new Uno R3 ( bought last saturday from one of the largest official stockists) for me to test. Loading any sketch produce the same results, connected to usb or external supply.
    Symptoms are:-
1) While connected to computer USB, load sketch, say "blink example" It appears to load ok with the leds flashing during data transmission, program runs ok with on-board LED flashing as it should.
2) Press the reset button, program stops and does not restart until program is re-loaded. Disconnecting usb and reconnecting has the same effect as pushing the re-set button. It is the same if the re-set pin is used. I checked the  re-set switch and it is mechanically and electrically fine.
4) Do the same test but with a nine volt battery connected to the power input socket, load the sketch, remove the usb and the re-set button works once (program stops and re-starts) and then freezes again until the sketch is reloaded.
5) Doing exactly the same, on the same computer with two of my boards and the re-set works properly every time.
     It would appear that the board is faulty, but a second/third..... opinion would be appreciated in case we are missing something.  smiley-neutral

Scotland
Edison Member
Have you had your Arduino fix today?
View Profile

If you have access to another Arduino, you could try re-uploading the fuse settings and bootloader.

Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design work undertaken
SMD & Thru-Hole assembly

View Profile

How exactly can you do that? I've having a similar problem with an Arduino Uno and I have an Arduino Mega .

Scotland
Edison Member
Have you had your Arduino fix today?
View Profile

Search the main arduino site for arduino as ISP - all the details are there.

Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design work undertaken
SMD & Thru-Hole assembly

southern England
View Profile

Update to original post.
Today the board stopped working altogether so it was returned and replaced with a new one which is performing correctly.
It's a pity we never found out exactly what was wrong for future reference.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: