Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Neuroscience  (Read 963 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi Folks

I'm a student of neuroscience and totally into brains. I like my own brain, I like artificial brains and I like pictures of brains. I also like brains of creative and open minded people. (like you?)

What about you? What's your thoughts on brains? (Except 'yummie' or 'eeuw, groce' ;-)

Greetings
Milarepa

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

Bah.  Hard to repair, hard to back up, hard to interface to, tough to reprogram, and the support infrastructure is bulky and messy.

London
Faraday Member
Have fun!
View Profile

Bah.  Hard to repair, hard to back up, hard to interface to, tough to reprogram, and the support infrastructure is bulky and messy.
On the contrary, self repairing, almost infinite amount of memory (although access seems to get slower over time) and an amazing range of sensors already interfaced. And the support infrastructure (eating, drinking) is a pleasure in itself. And don't forget the activities required for the creation of new systems  smiley
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:44:31 am by mem » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

self repairing, almost infinite amount of memory

and not to forget the redundancy of information which allows 'graceful degredation' in neural nets... kill a node, it's still working.
Kill a sector on a harddrive and see how far you get ;-)

God Member
Arduino rocks!
View Profile

Hard and time consuming to upgrade and it's even worse for legacy systems.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hard and time consuming to upgrade
Actually, the update is fully automatic and does not even interfere with overall system performance. Programming and updating is a continous process.
Anyway I agree that some 'Admins' may perceive some difficulties in control those processes. But that's only because the system doesn't come with a manual (yet...) so if you don't take time to get acquainted with it's properties you are at a disadvantage.

:-)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 09:27:57 am by Milarepa » Logged

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

There are two types from what I gather. One is a type M brain and the other is a type F brain. They often come as a set once they are past a certain age.

Now you can turn a type M brain into a type F brain by applying 10 pints of beer. What happens is the type M brain becomes over emotional and looses it's ability to read maps and drive cars.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

[edit]Now you can turn a type M brain into a type F brain by applying 10 pints of beer.[/edit]

Thanks for reminding me to allude the enormously manifold entertainment system, which is actually so good that authorities have to control the distribution and access to reconfiguration ressources.

SF Bay Area
Edison Member
Arduino Ninja
View Profile

I don't care how much you like my brain, I'm planning to keep mine. Although if there's a zombie apocalypse, I'll wait to see who the winning side will be and re-evaluate.

Unique RGB LED Modules and Arduino shields: http://www.macetech.com/store

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I don't care how much you like my brain, I'm planning to keep mine

No reason to be rude, dam'it, keep your brain all to yourself then! But if you're done with it, let me know OK?

Thanks anyways!

Denver, CO - USA
! <3 Atmega328
View Profile

Brain"Its friday... ready to relax..." Body"BEER!" Brain"but.. how about a nice book?" Body"BEER! BEER!" Brain"I feel funny... whysh there two of yuz in da meeror?"  Body"BEER!  BEER... YEAH!  Hey... who let Tequila in here!?!?" Brain" /evil chuckle"
smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: