Go Down

Topic: Arduino easy ESC programming Tutorial (Read 9505 times) previous topic - next topic

diiaf

Hey, I made my first tutorial on instructables.com . It is made for programming ESC's for controlling Brushlessmotors with the Arduino. It is my first one, i hope it corresponds the usual standarts.

greetings from Germany!   :)

diiaf

Execuse me, here is the URL: :D

http://www.instructables.com/id/ESC-Programming-on-Arduino-Hobbyking-ESC/

Ziyanfly

Hi, Thank you so much for the tutorial.
I'm working on a project using this ESC. (Hobbyking 20A UBEC)
I wander if this ESC could have the motor direction changed? What I mean by that is that could I rotate it clockwise and then counterclockwise?
I have tried to control the BLDC with the servo library and it looks like i can only control the throttle of it.
In my project, I will need to control the BLDC in both direction. Do I need to get another ESC or can I program the ESC in someway to achieve that goal?

Best Regards

Zapro

I wander if this ESC could have the motor direction changed? What I mean by that is that could I rotate it clockwise and then counterclockwise?
I have tried to control the BLDC with the servo library and it looks like i can only control the throttle of it.
In my project, I will need to control the BLDC in both direction. Do I need to get another ESC or can I program the ESC in someway to achieve that goal?

You can only change the rotation by swapping any of the two wires on the ESC, unless it's an car-ESC that supports brake and reverse. If it's not intended for a car, you cannot change the direction of the motor by means of the servo control signal.

// Per.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy