Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problem with main Arduino website 8 Feb 2014  (Read 2967 times)
Norfolk UK
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Thanks for the comments. Like @simpson_jr I have to log out to be able to access the reference stuff.
I have similar problem (reported over a year ago now) that logged onto forum if I open a tab in the main site then I get logged out. Really annoying  when your half way through replying to someone and just checking something on the reference pages get you logged out and reply deleted.

There is no such thing as a stupid question but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

UK
Tesla Member
View Profile

I have similar problem (reported over a year ago now) that logged onto forum if I open a tab in the main site then I get logged out. Really annoying  when your half way through replying to someone and just checking something on the reference pages get you logged out and reply deleted.

@Riva, I think your problem is different.

I have never been logged out when I didn't want to be. All that happens to me is that if I am logged in I can't access the pages of the main Arduino website. Trying to access them has no affect on my continued use of the Forum.

...R

UK
Tesla Member
View Profile

I have been trying to find out stuff about the Yun and the Arduino website seems to be working properly for me today.

Has somebody fixed something? If so why don't they tell us?

...R

View Profile

It appears the problem has been corrected.  Looking at the cookies that the arduino.cc family of web pages stores on my machine (Firefox 27.0, Win7Pro x64), I see some changes that appear to be related to the SSO (Single Sign On).  SSO is all the rage on families of related web sites (e.g. your bank, their brokerage group, their insurance group, their mortgage arm) and Arduino seems to have  got the bug and bungled the implementation.

NSW Australia
Faraday Member
View Profile

SSO is all the rage on families of related web sites (e.g. your bank, their brokerage group, their insurance group, their mortgage arm) and Arduino seems to have  got the bug and bungled the implementation.

Hmmm.  That may explain the perverse behaviour I notice, using up to five different computers to follow these boards depending on where I happen to be (such as lying in bed or at least two different "work" locations).

Why they would ever want to implement such a thing, beggars the imagination (though someone may interject that it relates to the "shopping trolley" which is the absolute least important thing here!).

"Bungled the implementation" does however summarise it perfectly.

UK
Tesla Member
View Profile

Why they would ever want to implement such a thing, beggars the imagination (though someone may interject that it relates to the "shopping trolley" which is the absolute least important thing here!).

Couldn't agree more !

...R

Alamos, Sonora, Mexico
learning never stops.
View Profile

The token?-820fs.,dw80w90-d suffix appended the URL has gotten much worse.

I now have to close ALL browser Windows. Flush all caches.
Enter Arduino..
Go to Fórum..
Get the token nonsense..
Hit F12, Hit the paintbrush palette object, open a new tab, close the existing tab.
Got to Fórum again..

Repeat last 3 ítems about 4 to 6 times in a row....

Eventually, I can enter the Fórums... Logged IN... which means I get to particpate.

If I visit any of the site outside of the fórum..... (like Reference or Buy).... I get the return of the Token errors.....

And I repeat EVERYTHING I typed above... Which is fun If I've opened and logged into many other sites.  smiley-sad.

None of this happens on my WIndowsPhone 8, but fórum participation isn't much fun on a 4.5" screen.

Quiero una vida simple en Mexico...nada mas.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: