Go Down

Topic: communication problems with my pro mini (Read 324 times) previous topic - next topic

I've been working on a involving a processing sketch to communicate with a pro mini.  Last night while I had the pro mini connected to my computer and the processing sketch was running I tried to upload a revised sketch to my pro mini and there was some sort of conflict.  Now the pro mini isn't working properly.  When I try and use it the green light just blinks.  I know that I should have quit the processing sketch before trying to upload but I had forgotten the processing sketch was running.

Here is the error that the Arduino IDE gives me when I try and upload to the mini.

Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Any help that could be provided to get me up and running again would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 17, 2014, 10:34 pm Last Edit: Feb 17, 2014, 10:40 pm by Loren Reason: 1
Today I thought I would work on this a little more to see if I could find anything more.  I have the pro Mini connected like this tutorial suggests:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Examples-2-Use-an-Arduino-as-a-FTDI-Progr/

I've tried a bunch of things.

• hold the reset until uploading sketch appears

• select uno as the board

• Burning bootloader

• reversing Tx and Rx Pins (along with all of the above attempts)

• Also tried burning the boot loader in windows7

The green LED still continues to blink quickly.  

Any thoughts?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131