Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What im missing?  (Read 791 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

First of all Greetings everyone!

I started all of this about two weeks ago, my goal to make my home automated. Here is where i stand.

Im using HC-06 , i configured it, im able to turn on and off leds via BT, everything works perfect, so here is where i stuck:
 now im trying to do brightness level(dimmer, luminosity, w/e people call it these days  smiley-cool ) , i used app inventor to create my apps, for led on and off i used BT send text (which worked perfect) ,but i found a blog said that BT uses byte.... i tried many ways to get my   brightness level to work, but no luck. I also like bought the attiny45 and attiny85 and want to try to make it work with BT module (without arduino) to turn on and off leds.

If anyone can help me move from my dead spot i would really appreciate it, maybe point in the right direction, maybe some good tutorials, links etc.  i feel like i browsed whole internet for the past 2 weeks  smiley-eek-blue
thanks again

View Profile

If I understand you correctly, you need to know how to adjust the brightness level of the LEDs? You don't actually adjust LED brightness the same way you adjust a light bulb's brightness (by limiting current). You need to use something called pulse width modulation (PWM) which pulses the LED on and off at different speeds very quickly, creating the illusion of a dimmer LED. http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/PWM#.UwOdTvldUlI
I recommend starting by connecting a single LED to one of your Arduinos which supports PWM natively, and play around with it.

View Profile

If I understand you correctly, you need to know how to adjust the brightness level of the LEDs? You don't actually adjust LED brightness the same way you adjust a light bulb's brightness (by limiting current). You need to use something called pulse width modulation (PWM) which pulses the LED on and off at different speeds very quickly, creating the illusion of a dimmer LED. http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/PWM#.UwOdTvldUlI
I recommend starting by connecting a single LED to one of your Arduinos which supports PWM natively, and play around with it.

thanks bud, i got it to work! but i still cant figure out how to make app inventor app to send that value of the slider (0-255) via BT. anyway thanks for help, got one side of the problem solved now 2nd  smiley-sweat

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: