Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Playing a music with an arduino uno  (Read 1778 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Yeah, I don't think you need 500 MHz. These guys didn't:
http://www.roguerobotics.com/
What you do need is a specialized chip that does the FLAC/MP3/other data decoding.
Or, something a bit faster than 16 MHz/8-bits wide to retrieve stereo .wav data and output it to a dual 16-bit DAC.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

From what I understand I may need 500mHz. So I guess a microprocessor is out of the question?
The Raspberry Pi runs at 800MHz without over clocking and is much more sutiable for what you want to do.

View Profile

the wave shield is a shield for the UNO and does mono sound. It uses SPI port to read the WAV sound files on the SD card and bit bangs the digital sample data to the on-board serial DAC using 4 other pins and it has a speaker output.

Any ideas on how to do something similar but instead of output samples data to DAC output to Blutooth module for link to Bluetooth speaker........

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: