Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Position from encoders? Need help, will compensate!  (Read 560 times)
Oslo, Norway
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all,

I am a mechanical engineer and designer, but have no skills in programming what so ever...

For my next project i need to calculate relative positions based on the output from 6 rotary encoders, and preferably plot them on a computer.

Yes, I am talking about a CMM arm, and if you know what that is, then you`ll probably want one to  smiley-razz

I am able to sort the mechanics and most of the elecctronics myself, but I`m totally at loss with the coding...

Need help, will pay, within reasonable amounts that is...

Best regards
Asle
Oslo, Norway

If it`s worth doing, it`s worth doing right!

Miers 46500 France
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
View Profile

In a former life I used to be a toolmaker, so yes CMM is familiar to me.

I can "probably" help you with your coding requirments if you would like to expand on them a bit more.

Cheers Pete.

EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

View Profile

"calculate relative positions based on the output from 6 rotary encoders, and preferably plot them on a computer."

Are these just  relative  pulse producing encoders or true position encoders indicating absolute position by output?
I have a  stable real time  ( interrupt driven) A and B output optical encoder ( relative position)  code and willing to share.

If you want real time interrupt driven application beware that Arduino can do two interrupt inputs "out from the box",
and more interrupts with minor software additions. But I am  not sure if 6 interrupts ( 12 inputs ) would work.
But it would probably work without interrupts, depending on your requirement.

Vaclav

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: