Go Down

Topic: Equivalent CTC ICR1 value to sync with phase correct PWM - SOLVED (Read 327 times) previous topic - next topic

rdorling

Feb 26, 2014, 01:22 am Last Edit: Feb 26, 2014, 03:40 pm by rdorling Reason: 1
hi,

i'm using timer1 in ctc mode (mode 12) to generate an interrupt, in which i set OCR2 (pulse width) on timer2.

timer2 is using phase/freq correct mode, top=255, no clock prescalar (giving 32Khz-ish)

i need timer1 to interrupt exactly TWICE the frequency of timer2 pwm (as I'm alternating between outputting audio samples to OCR2 and doing other stuff). if i assume phase/freq correct frequency is half ctc frequency (as it counts down as well as up) then i calculate i need to set ICR1 to 255. but i read somewhere that phase/freq correct frequency isn't exactly half, as it doesn't use exactly 2x the clock cycles but more like 2x-1 clock cycles ??? can anyone verify? i suppose i could also set timer1 to phase/freq correct mode if it made things easier, but then do i set ICR1 to 127 or 128 to double the freq??

rdorling

it's ok i ran some tests. timer2 pwm freq was 31.373Khz. setting timer1 ICR1 to 254 in ctc mode 12 gets me the 62.746Khz i need.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy