Go Down

Topic: Arduino Due - Compatibility with HDMI? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello, i m on a project for my diploma.I have an Arduino Due and intend to connect it with a picoprojector.Generally,some data which are proccessed in the Due board,will be driven to the picoprojector.So i m asking...Is the "Arduino Due" compatible with hdmi output?Or at least vga output (for cheaper picoprojectors)
If yes,do i need libraries/shields for it?
If no,what alternative options there are?

HDMI output is far beyond the capability of the Due unfortunately.

I've used my VGA library on a normal-sized projector and it worked fine. I haven't got a picoprojector to try it on though. It can be used to generate VGA signals or PAL/NTSC, if the picoprojector has VGA or composite inputs it should work fine. See this thread:

Due VGA library - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,150517.0.html

Yeah i ve seen this and i 've downloaded the library already.So ''due'' doesnt support hdmi...Alright.Thanks a lot for the info!It s a pity though cuz the board is a very good piece of work.

If you're set on HDMI, you could look at using a Raspberry Pi, or Beaglebone Black; both of which are reasonably priced, run Linux, and have an on-board micro-hdmi output.

Yes,i have a raspberry here too.My teacher informed me about the beagleboard also...Damn all these stuff are so interesting,i gotta use them all :P

If you need an HDMI output, And Arduino Compatibility, Try the pcDuino2.

1GHz ARM Cortex A8 CPU
    GPU: OpenGL ES2.0, OpenVG 1.1 Mali 400 core
    1GB DRAM
    Onboard Storage: 4GB Flash, microSD card (TF) slot for up to 32GB
    Arduino-Style Peripheral Headers
    HDMI Video Output
    Linux3.0 + Ubuntu12.04 and Android ICS 4.0 Supported
    0.1" Spaced GPIO Headers
    RJ45 Ethernet Connection and On-Board Wi-Fi Module
    Power Requirements: 2A @ 5VDC
    API to access the following interfaces:
        UART,  ADC, PWM, GPIO, I2C, SPI.
    Program in C, C++ with GNU tool chain
    Java with Android SDK

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131