Go Down

Topic: [ATTINY85]Nothing but junk appears on my serial monitor... :( (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

Feb 28, 2014, 08:04 pm Last Edit: Feb 28, 2014, 08:11 pm by Coding Badly Reason: 1
Hate to bring some real engineering practice into it...

Going to have to do the same to you @fungus.

Variation is about 5% between 3V and 5V Vcc  (eg. when powered with 3xAA batteries).
Variation is about 5% for every 20 degrees difference in temperature (a difference easily possible from summer to winter).

For the entire envelope I get a total a variance of 5.3125%.  Centered at 8 MHz, the variance is +1.5625% / -3.75%.

5% variation is enough to make it fail.

That's 1/2 bit error which a modern hardware receiver easily deals with by sampling an odd number of quanta greater than one and tweaking the clock.

A modern UART should have little to no trouble receiving data over the entire temperature / voltage range.

Coding Badly

I did an experiment with SoftwareSerial

Thank you for doing that and reporting back the results.

Hi again.  I would like to say that i want to enable serial because i want to connect a bluetooth module.

After a lot of research i found that:http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=183180.0 this guy managed to succesfully tune an attiny2313A. I will try to do what he did but i have several questions about the procedure. I cant find a step by step guide to tune this thing and this is an advance procedure.

How can i learn what is the right value for my attiny that will be compared from the tuner? Is this a fuse that i try to tune? If i tune it will post here.

Another option is to use avrdude to disable the internal oscilator and use an external 16mhz...

Coding Badly

How can i learn what is the right value for my attiny that will be compared from the tuner?

If you were getting output here...
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=221482.msg1610819#msg1610819
...then you already have the right value.

Is this a fuse that i try to tune?

No.  It is a one byte value that you assign to the OSCCAL register in setup.

Go Up