Go Down

Topic: Shields connecting sensors with RJ11 (Read 977 times) previous topic - next topic

Mario78

FreeSensors have a set of shields that connects withs sensors using standard RJ11/RJ12 modular connectors, differencing the type of connector with colors (for example: blue is for analog inputs, gray for digital input/output, etc.). The idea behind is to achieve a modular system that could be applied to educational robotics for childs.

The simplest shield is Direct with 4 analog input ports and 4 digital I/O ports directly connected to the Arduino UNO pins. The DIOport is an expansion board with 8 digital I/O ports thanks to the PCF8574 chip with I2C communication.  Based on that shield is the Motor one, with connectors for 2 DC motors, 2 servos and 4 digital I/O ports. The AIport shield uses the CD4051 chip to multiplex 8 analog inputs over one analog input of Arduino. Also, some other shields are being designed. All the shields are true stackable because all the pins are passed through, and a compatibility matrix can be found in the site.
A library was developed for accesing the shields, to abstract the inner working of the shields and in a way that, for example, the digital I/O ports are accesed equal no matter what shield they are.

http://sites.google.com/site/freesensors/shields

Sorry, but the site is in spanish. Hopefully, soon I will traduce some pages to english. All the shields are open-hardware and the Arduino library is free-software.

Comments are welcome,
Best regards, Mario

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy