Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: replace SD card with USB stick  (Read 1512 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

As expected, no luck so far with the VUB300. The problem is that I don't have a clue where to look.
Testing with a multimeter, D0-D1-D2-D3-CLK-CMD from the SD socket goes to the corresponding pins of the VUB300.
datasheet:
http://www.saelig.com/supplier/elan/ES431-VUB300%20Datasheet-v14.pdf

I did put all the components on page 10 around the chip and checked that there is 3.3V on pins 6,14,22 and 36.
I then cut a spare USB cable and attached this to the chip (D+, D- to pin 2 and 3, ground and shield together to the GND).

I'm not 100% sure about the USB pinout. On page 12 there is a description of a USB socket block. It seems that I have to put 5V on the vBUS pin (red wire on most USB cables), but since the USB port of the computer already supplies 5V, I thought I didn't have to connect this? I didn't put the components for that power supply either. I have put a 1µF elco between the GND and vBUS, although I don't run the vBUS pin anywhere on the chip.

Regarding USB+ and USB-, I've connected the wite wire in the USB cable to USB+ and the green one to USB-. I'm not sure if this is right.

Any suggestions?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I'm on the road all day. Try the forum.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Try the forum.

Will do :-) Probably time to exit this topic anyway, We've drifted too far from the original question.
Thanks a lot in any case for all your contribution so far, I REALLY appreciate it!

Jens

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: