Go Down

Topic: Can't get my 128*64 lcd working (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

niiicola

Hi folks,

I've got a new lcd to connect to my arduino mega.
It's a 128*64 graphic lcd with a SPI LCD module attached to it from DFRobot.
It doesn't matter how I wire it (parralel or serial), it only turns on the blacklight..
I've tried 6 different libraries by now.

Somebody a solution?

Thanks

raschemmel

Please provide the following:
Item # / SKU/Part Number of display.
Link to DFROBOT page for the display.
Explanation of exactly what you did to try to get it to work, INCLUDING the POWER CONNECTION DETAIL (ie: what voltage you connected to the display) and wiring detail of how you connected it. You have given us nothing useful. You need to be more specific  (ie: I wired the display as follows: Pin-1 (signal name) to Mega pin Dn etc.
Library name (if more than one, list all you have tried) (also specify whether or not you have experience installing/changing libraries.

Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

niiicola

Okay I understand,

It's this product: http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=53_130&product_id=372#.UyHZ-NufqR0

I've tried the glcd, LCD12864R, LCD12864RSPI, SerialGraphicLCD libraries.

They all are provided with examples, where is discribed how the pins must be attached, I did it that way.

raschemmel

Mar 13, 2014, 05:51 pm Last Edit: Mar 13, 2014, 05:55 pm by raschemmel Reason: 1
I'm not going to tell you what to do but I don't think you understand how this forum works. In your case, the DFROBOT library link has a Serial mode and a Parallel mode link. The Serial mode link has several different possible connection methods (in the "test" example program).  Telling us "I wired them THAT way" is really not going to get you closer to your objective. You need to take them one at a time and say "I am attempting Serial Mode , method -1.  My connections are as follows: etc.  Then people can try to talk you through that approach.   Saying " I did everything and nothing worked" will get you nowhere fast. You need to pick something and do that, and hope someone responds to that approach.  No one is going to want to help you if generalize .  If you keep it  specific it gives people something to focus on and work with. For example: I posted:
Explanation of exactly what you did to try to get it to work, INCLUDING the POWER CONNECTION DETAIL (ie: what voltage you connected to the display) and wiring detail of how you connected it.

You ignored this and just said "I wired them that way". You could have posted this:
Specification

Power Supply: 4.5?5.5V
Micrcontroller?ST7920
Resulution?128×64
Display color?blue lit with white char
View angle?170 degree
LCD module?STN
Control interface?8/4 bits Pallelel  (Default) or 3 bits serial (SPI)
Module size:93x70x22mm
Visuable size:73x39mm

and said "I connected it to 5Vdc per above Specs" to let me know that you used the correct voltage, so I can rule out that as an issue.  When you are asking for help on the forum, anything you do OR DON'T DO will effect whether people want to deal with your issue. If you appear to be lazy or not detail oriented, people may become discouraged to help you because you are not dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s.  Your display runs on 5V so we can rule out the possibility that it was damaged by an incorrect ps voltage. That being the case, there is probably nothing wrong with it , ESPECIALLY since you got it from DFROBOT.  The reason that is important is that they have a good reputation and they also PROVIDE SUPPORT. You don't know that because you haven't bothered to send them an email. If you had you would have received a reply from a guy named Lie Chu telling you what to do. He helped me and I didn't even buy my display from DFROBOT.  There is a 90% chance that your problem is operator error but until you change your approach I don't think you are going to get anywhere.  Take notes. Create wiring lists, draw diagrams. Do something if for no other reason than to be able to say you did it and how you did it. I don't know how you expect anyone here to help you when you tell us you tried everything CORRECTLY and nothing worked.  The inclination is to be sceptical...
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

Go Up