Go Down

Topic: TC35 GSM development board (from eBay) - Confused (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Jan 21, 2011, 02:06 am Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011, 02:19 am by mikecurry74 Reason: 1
So I just bought, and received this (from eBay):

Here is the schematic:

This description states that it can do (RS-232/TTL) - before I plug in to this and blow my arduino or the card up, this board has a MAX232 on it, can I use TTL (tx/rx?)

I have hard times with schematics, as I am just learning, could someone take a look and see if I can just use TTL?

Update:  So I read up, and I know what the MAX232 chip does.  I want to use TTL, so I suppose what I want to know, is where can I bypass that chip and go straight to TTL?  (if someone could help me out and explain, as I don't want to blow this thing up)

Jan 21, 2011, 03:14 am Last Edit: Jan 21, 2011, 03:17 am by gardner Reason: 1
One side of the MAX323 is RS232 (+/-12V) and the other side is TTL.  You can tap into the TTL level signals.  The schematic you pointed to shows JP2 being a perfect place to tie into the TTL level signals before they go to the MAX232.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131